Friday, January 4, 2013

I have been busy busy these past 2 years.  June 2011 I released my first novel, Protector, and haven't stopped.  Since them I have completed a total of 5(one is being edited as I type).  FIVE! That is a lot for a full time career woman with a house and family to take care of.  I have noticed that a lot of writers don't work.  Sometimes I think that would be nice but I know me, I would get bored to death.  After completing my 5th book, This I Promise You, I have been stalled.  I have over a dozen plots written out but none of them are speaking to me yet.  Instead I have been getting back into reading, which is something I haven't done in these 2 years that I have been busy being in my own head.  I'm highly enjoying it though.  I was working with an agent, and she expected me to have a novel out every 3 months.  That's just not possible.  Needless to say I am back on my own.  Most big names take their time, usually releasing 1 book a year and they read many many other books in between.  So that's what I'm going to do.  I'm not a big name, yet, but why rush it and take the chance of putting out a story that could be amazing if it had more time to develop? Wish me luck:)

2 comments:

  1. Here's luck to you! Best wishes and I agree...take your time...whatever time that is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I may need it. Every time I tried to read before I always got inspired to write. So, it'll be a win win either way:)

    ReplyDelete